Sunday, September 11, 2011

#Teaching english languge to elementary students in Mabini

#Proposal
I will teach some students to reading and writing for grade 1&2 in Mabini Elementary School. It is one of Community service club activities.

Activitiy: Teaching some students how to read and write
Goal: Students should know how to read and write in end of the semester.
Impact: I can learn a teaching skills and communicate with logal people.
Timeline: Every Mondays, 2011
Supervisior : Ms. Mariano
#1. Refelction
I was so excited becuase it was first time to meet my little students.
Unhappily, September 19 (Monday) was raining. So one student already left school
so that i couldn't meet one student. However, i studied with John Dexter. He is
in grade 1 and he couldn't understand english well. Actually, he didn't want to
study english. First time, he didn't want to listen whatever i said. So i decide
to start really easy and funny ones. I showed him one notebook what i prepared
for him. And i let him to write his name on notebook. He couldn't read alphabet
orderly. Also, eventhough i asked "what is your name" and "how old are u", he
cound't answer these easy questions. Maybe he counldn't understand english. So i
read same sentance over again and slow for him. I didn't know teaching is so
hard when students don't want to study. Moreover, i played Bingo with him to
have fun of class. Finally, i realized i need to bring some stuff like picture
card, pens, and so on. I hope he will learn more next time with me.
#Feed Back from Supervisor

No comments:

Post a Comment